We have started to remake some of our core RPMs in order to improve our compatibility with both AIXToolbox and future releases. Even if we are doing our best to be compatible with our previous wrongly made RPMS, these updates might break your current setup. We do recommend updating them all at once. If you do encounter any problems, please contact us.
Here is a list of the changes which may impact you.
- RPM 4 is now used by default. Systems being in RPM 3 might have some trouble with dependencies made for RPM 4 only.
- Links between /usr and /opt/freeware aren't made by default anymore. Mixing native AIX and Open Source software was triggering to much problems. You can still add some links yourself if you want.
- Standalone shared object (.so files) aren't delivered under /opt/freeware/lib(64), anymore. It's not possible to ensure upward compatibility with them. If you need them, you can still extract them from archives (.a files).
- For developers, .la files aren't delivered anymore. Fedora is doing the same as said in its guideline .
List of the packages having been modified
- gettext >= 0.20.1-1 (including subpackage: gettext-devel, libtextstyle, libtextstyle-info)
- libunistring >= 0.9.10-1 (libunistring-devel)
- libiconv >= 1.16-3
- ncurses >= 6.1-3 (ncurses-devel)
- texinfo >= 6.7-1 (info)
- zlib >= 1.2.11-3 (zlib-devel)